SD 52 Reconstruction between Highways 37 & 50
South Dakota Highway 52 will be reconstructed and CLOSED to thru traffic between Highways 37 and 50 in the southeast corner of the state in 2021 and 2022.
The project is the total reconstruction of Highway 52 and work includes grading, surfacing, pipe culvert replacement, reconstruction box culverts, and permanent signing.
The project also includes structure replacement, spot grading, and drainage structure work on Highway 37P (North Walnut) and at the intersection of 8th
and Pine Streets in Springfield.
Highway 52 will be closed to through traffic beginning April 10, 2021 until mid-November 2021 and reopened over the winter until work resumes in the Spring of 2022.
Drivers will be detoured to Highway 37 and Highway 50. Access to residences and adjacent property will be maintained for LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY.
Powerpoint with video Presentation
Project plans cover sheet
March 4, 2021 - Press Release
Traffic Control Contacts:
- Isaac Anderson – Midwest Contracting, LLC., (Cell) 507-828-0807
- Jeff Neilson – Midwest Contracting, LLC, (Office) 507-537-1084, (Cell) 507-828-5150
- Dennis Anderson – Midwest Contracting, LLC., (Cell) 507-828-5156, (Office) 507-537-1004
- Kevin Heiman – SDDOT, (Cell) 605-661-8625, (Cell) 605-760-3191, (Office) 605-668-2929
- Greg Rothschadl – SDDDOT, (Cell) 605-661-8623, (Office) 605-668-2929
- Rodney Gall – SDDOT, (Cell) 605-661-8621, (Office) 605-668-2929