Learn More about the SDDOT Logo
The South Dakota Department of Transportation officially launched a new logo in 2021!
Our branding and identity are the foundation to communicate SDDOT’s message consistently, professionally, and with our strategic objectives at the center of our actions.
Our SDDOT team was instrumental in helping us design a logo that depicted a fresh, clean look; yet kept the state of South Dakota at the heart of our look and message. We also spent a considerable amount of time thinking about a color scheme to fully represent the work we do and the people we proudly serve each and every day through the SDDOT.
Missouri River Blue
Represents the many rivers and lakes on the eastern part of the state; as well as our commitment to the environment.
Blue signifies reliability and trustworthiness.
Spearfish Formation Red
Represents the unique rock features, and overall geography, found in the western part of the state.
Red signifies energy and enthusiasm.
South Dakota Sunflower Yellow
Represents agriculture as the backbone of our South Dakota economy.
Yellow signifies optimism, confidence, courage, and innovation.
Why we exist . . . To efficiently provide a safe and effective public transportation system.
What success looks like . . . Better lives through better transportation by being the best.
Our Core Values
- High Ethical Standards – honesty, integrity, respect and professionalism with our internal customers, partners, stakeholders, and the public.
- Stewardship – Innovative, efficient and accountable use of public resources.
- Transparent Public Service – exemplary trustworthy public service with unprecedented access to information and decision-making processes.
- Safety - Safety in all we do.
- Teamwork - Inclusive, diverse, innovative, and supportive work culture.
- Innovation - Initiate and implement new ideas or methods to create value
- Everyone home safe every day
- Value all team members
- Provide excellent services
- Continually improve
- Provide the best transportation system